Treasures of India - Maharajas' Express
Duration: 3 Nights / 4 Days
Route: Delhi - Agra - Ranthambore - Jaipur - Delhi
Starting from: USD 3850 (per person per journey)
Begin with exploring the world's greatest monument of love - the eternal Taj Mahal; proceed on with a thrilling jungle safari at Ranthambore National park and embrace yourself with the vibrant colours of the buzzing metropolis Jaipur - a city of royal forts and majestic palaces.
- Route Map
The trip has been designed to let the guests cover the famous golden triangle circuit in just 4 days and 3 nights. Agra being the first destination leaves the guests enthralled by the unbelievably beautiful Taj Mahal - the greatest example of love and passion. Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan is a wildlife lover's delight for being home to the Ranthambore National park - the tiger's abode. Finally, the guests are made to visit the shimmering Jaipur that offers a contrasting world of age-old forts, palace sand monuments on one hand and bustling markets on the other. The trip begins as well as concludes in the capital of India - Delhi.
- Evening Hi Tea with at Taj Khema overlooking Taj Mahal.
- An exciting Game drive at Ranthambore National Park.
- Elephant polo match followed by Champagne Lunch at Jai Mahal Palace Hotel.
Arrival: 08:00 hrs
Place: Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi and Agra, Uttar Pradesh
The trip begins with assembling at Safdarjung Raiwlay Station at around 0800 hours and completing registration and check-in formalities. After a warm welcome onboard the Maharajas' Express, the train starts rolling towards Agra at 0930 hours. Brunch is served on board.
Home to one of the Seventh Wonder of the World - the mesmerizing Taj Mahal, Agra is also famous for other archeological marvels like the Agra Fort - a massive red sandstone structure on the bank of the Yamuna River, built by Emperor Akbar in 1656. After exploring the Agra Fort, enjoy a champagne Hi Tea at Taj Khema while looking at splendid Taj Mahal as the sun decides for retire for the day. Guests also have the option of going for either for these activities:
- A rejuvenating spa at a five star hotel in Agra.
- Private shopping tour for pietra dura marble and fine Mughal jewellery.
- Visit to Itmad-ud-daulah - a Mughal mausoleum often described as 'jewel box'. It is also called the 'Baby Taj' and considered as a draft of the Taj Mahal.
Return on board to enjoy the dinner.
Day 02 / Monday
Place: Agra, Uttar Pradesh und Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan
Early morning, get awe-struck by the beauty and majesty of the magnificent Taj Mahal. This giant white marble mausoleum is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It took the efforts of over 20,000 craftsmen for over 20 years to create this wonder, often described as the greatest monument of love constructed ever in the history of mankind. Stroll through the ornamental gardens leading the way to the Taj and soak yourself in the symmetry, splendor and symphony that this monument exhibits.
Board the train to continue your journey towards Ranthambore National Park, located in Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan. As you savour your lunch, enjoy the beauty of the changing landscape from your window.
As you arrive in Sawai Madhopur, get ready for an exhilarating jungle safari through the terrains of Ranthambore National Park. Consider yourself lucky if you spot the elusive tiger or a leopard. Nevertheless, you would witness other wildlife like sambar, chital, nilgai, chinkara, wild boar, sloth bear, hyena and jackal. Return to the train, enjoy a drink at one of the bars or relax at the lounge as the train keeps rolling, taking you nearer to your next destination - the vibrant Jaipur.
Day 03 / Tuesday
As you reach Jaipur - the pink city, you would notice the this is a city of contrasts with age-old palaces, monuments and forts on one side and buzzing contemporary bazaars (markets) on the other. The capital of Rajasthan stills retains its medieval flavour and this is what you would experience at the Exhibition Elephant Polo Match at A Jai Singh Palace. Set amidst 18 acres of Mughal Gardens, you get a grand welcome with royal military band and the beating of 'Nagadas'. The match is followed by Champagne lunch at the hotel.
Following lunch, continue on a visit to the Amber Fort -a beautiful complex of palaces, halls, pavilions, gardens, and temples built by Raja Man Singh, Mirza Raja Jai Singh and Sawai Jai Singh over a period of about two centuries. Enjoy a royal elephant ride to palace complex, which emerges dramatically from the placid waters of the Mootha Lake.
Further, the guests may pick from any of the following:
- Take one of the optional tours.
- Have a revitalizing spa at a five star hotel in Jaipur.
- Enjoy Golfing at the Rambagh Golf Club - a 18 hole, 6303 yard, Par 70 layout that is beautifully laid out & centrally located.
- Visit the City Palace - the former royal residence; and Jantar Mantar - a stone observatory.
Dinner and overnight stay on board the royal train.
Day 04 / Wednesday
Place: Delhi (Disembark)
Enjoy your breakfast on board and bid farewell to Maharajas' Express as you reach Safdarjung Railway Station in New Delhi.
Treasures of India Prices for the season April 2015 to April 2016
(per person per journey)
|4 Days und 3 Nights||Deluxe Cabins||Junior Suite||Suite||Presidential Suite|
|Adult||USD 3850||USD 4950||USD 7600||USD 12900|
|Single Supplement||USD 2910||USD 4460||USD 7600||USD 12900|
|Child (sharing cabins with parents 5-12 years)||USD 1930||USD 2480||USD 3800||USD 6500|
* Treasures of India and Gems of India are two itineraries for 3N/4D package, the cost for both the itineraries may be reduced by 12% of the published tariff, if guest is availing 2N/3D package and can deboard at Jaipur after off board services at Jaipur.
- Supplement will be charged of USD 500 approximately on special departures like New Year, Christmas etc.
- Accommodation onboard Maharajs’ Express in double/twin bedded cabins having en-suite bathrooms.
- All meals and beverages (only the house brands of wines, spirits and beer).
- Service of the butler.
- Off-train sightseeing tours with guides.
- Entrance fees to monuments.
- Still camera charges and transportation diuring off-train excursions.
- Complimentary mineral water bottle, tea and coffee onboard.
- Porterage charges.
- Emergency medical treatment onboard.
- For guests who have made their bookings in Deluxe Cabins and Junior Suites, the off-train transportation would be provided to them in Volvo bus/Tempo traveller/Volkswagon crafter with a common English speaking guide.
- For guests who made their bookings for Suites, a Toyota Corolla along with a separate English speaking guide would be provided to them during off-train excursions.
- For guests in the Presidential Suites, Toyota Camry with separate English speaking guide would be provided to them.
- During jungle safari in Ranthambore National Park, jeep/canters will be provided to all the guests of Maharajas’ Express (including Presidential Suite and Suite category guests).
- In Orcha, the guests will be offered a small auto ride from Jahangir Mahal to the Railway Station.
- Maharajas' Express train tariff doesn’t include taxes, insurance and gratuities.
- It doesn't include any optional tour as mentined in the itineraries.
- Charges for telephone calls, laundry and alcohol beverages apart from the house brand of wines, spirits and beers.
- Charges for video films and professional still camera fees.
- Any pre and post journey transfers.
- Any international or domestic air ticket prices.
- Pre and post tour accommodation and extension of the tour.
Holidays to Treasure has emerged to be one of the largest Destination Management Company reaching out to over 27,500 discerning travelers from continents across the globe, even while it’s reputation for providing the best in holidays of style remains unequalled. Personalized services, luxurious accommodation at attractive prices and informed guidance are the company’s forte. The extensive experience of over twenty years in the travel business of it’s directors on board, adds to the quality, style and exclusivity of all services which the company offers.