The Maharajas' Express journeys are subject to alteration, amendment, change or modification. In case of unforeseen condition such as force majeure events, fairs, strikes, festivals, weather conditions, sports events, flood, earthquake, traffic problems, cancellation/rerouting of flights or railways, closure/restricted entry at a place of sightseeing and non-availability of venues etc. the train tours may be changed or altered without any prior notice
Payment Terms & Conditions
- » The guests need to pay 25% of the ticket charges along with the applicable taxes while making the booking for Maharajas' Express journeys
- » The rest of the money along with the applicable taxes need to be deposited 60 days prior to the scheduled departure date
- » In case of group bookings (at least 15 paid adults travelling together on particular departure), 25% of the journey tariff plus the applicable taxes need to be paid at the time of making the booking; the next 25% with the taxes has to be paid 90 days prior to the scheduled departure date; and the rest of the journey price need to be submitted 60 days prior to the departure date
After the completion of the booking and payment formalities, the confirmation will be sent to the passengers. All the documents are of electronic nature and thus would be transmitted through e-mail. The e-mail will confirm the passengers booking with Maharajas' Express. The final document with the itinerary and briefing sheet will be sent to the e-mail id of the passengers 14 days prior to the departure date.
Cancellation and Refunds
- » The passengers will get an acknowledgement for the amount paid after they made the booking payment /full payment
- » The passengers have to bear all bank transaction charges and applicable taxes
- » The prevailing rate of exchange as per RBI guidelines on the date of the transaction would be applicable
In Case of FIT's
- » 25% of the total journey cost would be deducted if cancellation is made 60 days or more prior to departure date
- » 50% of the total journey cost would be deducted if the cancellation is made 45 to 59 days prior to the departure date
- » No refunds would be given if the cancellation is made 0 to 44 days prior to the departure date.
In Case of Group Bookings
- » 25% of the journey cost would be deducted if the cancellation is made 90 days or more prior to departure date
- » 50% of the total journey cost would be deducted in case the cancellation is made 60 to 89 days prior to the departure date
- » No refund would be given if cancellation is made 0 to 59 days prior to departure date.
Amendments to the services would be regarded as a cancellation of the original services; moreover, any new arrangements would be completely regarded as an entirely new booking. In such a case, the cancellation and refund policy would be the same as mentioned above.
The Maharajas' Express journey cost can be revised or surcharges can be levied in case of unforeseen increase in national or local taxation or adverse fluctuation in currency exchange rates.
The company maintains full privacy of the information of the passengers provided. However, it is also important to mention that the company needs to share the information with the Consulates, Embassies, Airlines, Hotels and other service providers who would be providing the services during the tour. Moreover, disclosure of the information become necessary in case of receive of any order of the court, a requisition from any government or statutory authority, subpoena, or under any law, rules or regulations.
All the communication would be made in the written form and not orally. In such case, the mailing address or the e-mail address would be the medium of communication.
It is highly recommended that all travellers travelling on Maharajas Express take a Travel/Health Insurance prior to the departure from their home country to cover any travel/health related incidents that may occur.
Other Notable Points
1. Christmas, New Year and Other Journey Supplement Charges
- » The travelers need to pay supplement chargers of USD 500 per pax while travelling during New Year eve or Christmas
- » This surcharge would be applicable in case of child between 5 to 12 years also
- » Other than New Year and Christmas Special journeys, the surcharges may also be applied in case of other signature journeys
2. No Show/En-route Termination of Tour
- » In case of no show or non arrival, no refund would be made
- » In case the travelers terminate the journey en-route, no refunds would be offered
3. Child Policy
- » 50% of the journey tariff will be charged to children come under 5 to 12 years of age. In such a case, the child needs to share the double bed with the parents.
- » If the guests have two children to travel with them, the children will be accommodated in separate cabins where parents have to pay 50% of the journey cost for the first child and full journey cost for the second child.