Indian Splendour - Maharajas' Express
Dauer: 7 Nights / 8 Days
Route: Delhi - Agra - Ranthambore - Jaipur - Bikaner - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Balasinor - Mumbai
Ab: USD 5980 (per person per journey)
Get awe-struck by the beauty of the Taj Mahal, be a part of the adventurous jungle safari ride through Ranthambore National Park, enjoy the vividly spectacular cities of Rajasthan and visit the Dinosaur Fossil Park in Balasinor, one of the largest in the world.
- Route Map
The weeklong trip offers a unique mix of culture, heritage, history, adventure and architectural wonders. Starting from Delhi and with its first destination as Taj Mahal - the Seventh Wonder of the World located in Agra, the train takes the guests to the wild terrains of Ranthambore National Park to hear the tiger roar. Jaipur welcomes the guests to its Rajputana culture embedded in the forts, palaces, and monuments that the city has. What will baffle you the most is 'Rat temple' at Bikaner with thousands of rats that are worshipped in this temple. As the train proceeds on to Jodhpur, enjoy the picturesque landscapes of the dessert and the contrasting white marble palaces, placid lakes and green hills of Udaipur. Enter Gujarat and visit Balasinor, the tiny town which had been home to at least seven species of dinosaurs. The enjoyable journey will conclude on the eighth day as the train arrives in Mumbai, often referred to as the city of glamour and dreams.
- Champagne breakfast at Taj Khema overlooking Taj Mahal.
- Game drive to Ranthambore National Park.
- Elephant Polo Match at Jai Mahal Palace Hotel, Jaipur.
- Sundowner cocktails on the sand dunes in Bikaner.
- Gala Dinner at Hanwant Mahal, Jodhpur.
- Royal Lunch in Udaipur.
- Visit to the largest dinosaur fossil park in the world in Balasinor.
Day 01 / Saturday
Arrival: 20:30 hrs
Place: Safdarjung Bahnhof, New Delhi
Assemble at Safdarjung Railway station at 2030 hours and complete your registration and check in formalities for the Maharajas' Express. After a traditional royal welcome, the train departs Delhi at approximately 2200 hours to Agra. Dinner and overnight stay on board.
Day 02 / Sunday
Place: Agra, Uttar Pradesh
As your train reaches Agra early in the morning, proceed to the world famous Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Owing to the passion of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan for his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal and the hard work of over 20,000 craftsmen, this white-marbled mausoleum stands as the seventh wonder of the world. The visit is followed by Champagne breakfast atop Taj Khema overlooking the Taj Mahal. Post breakfast you can either return to the train or go for any of these alternatives:
- Visit Fatehpur Sikri: The fortified Mughal city that was the capital of the Mughal Empire from 1571 and 1585.
- Visit Itmad-ud-Daula: A Mughal mausoleum often regarded as a draft of the Taj Mahal.
After lunch onboard proceed to visit the magnificent Agra fort - a massive red sandstone fort on the banks of the Yamuna River. You may also go for the following optional activities:
- A rejuvenating spa at a 5 star hotel.
- Private shopping tour for pietra dura marble and fine Mughal Jewellery.
Return onboard as the train starts proceeding towards Ranthambore National Park, located in Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan. Overnight on the Maharajas' Express.
Day 03 / Monday
Place: Ranthambore National Park, Sawai Madhopur und Jaipur, Rajasthan
The train reaches the verdant Sawai Madhopur in the wee hours of the third day of your trip. A jungle safari and game drive takes you through the thrilling terrain of Ranthambore National Park, a Project Tiger reserve, and home to many animal species apart from the mysterious Tiger. While in the park, feel the imposing presence of a 10th century fort, whose ramparts soar high. Post breakfast at Vivanta by Taj, Sawai Madhopur, return to the train as it crisscrosses its route towards Jaipur - the ever gleaming capital of Rajasthan.
Reach Jaipur and post lunch onboard, visit the rugged and imposing Amber fort. Enjoy a magnificent ride on canopied elephant as you witness a fascinating blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture. You may select from any of these optional activities:
- Enjoy spa facilities at a palace hotel.
- Enjoy Golfing at the Rambagh Golf Club.
- Visit to City Palace and Jantar Mantar (the stone observatory).
- Shop around the city for some of the finest jewelry, fabrics and handicrafts that Jaipur is famous for.
An exciting Exhibition Elephant Polo Match at A Jai Mahal Palace awaits you during the latter half of the day. You may also choose to participate in the exhibition game, which is followed by a Champagne dinner at the hotel.
Board the train to continue your journey to Bikaner.
Day 04 / Tuesday
Place: Bikaner, Rajasthan
As the train reaches Bikaner, the harbor of the ship of the dessert - the camel, you may relax on board or pick any of these excursions:
- Explore the imposing red sand-stone palace - the Lalgarh palace, which stands as a hybrid architecture and mixture of different elements of Rajput, Muslim and European styles. The Rajput exterior of Lalgarh Palace contrasts dramatically with the occidental décor within. Lush green sprawling lawns with dancing peacocks and beautiful bougainvilleas adorn the palace.
- Visit the astonishing Karni Mata Mandir or the Rat temple in Deshnoke, 30 km from Bikaner. The temple has thousands of rats that live, and are revered in, the temple. Eating food that has been nibbled on by the rats is considered to be highly auspicious.
Post lunch, which is served onboard Maharajas' Express, visit the Junagarh fort that dates back to 1588 A.D. built by Raja Rai Singh, the fort is a formidable structure encircled by a moat and has some beautiful palaces within. These palaces, built in red sandstone and marble, make a picturesque ensemble of courtyards, balconies, kiosks and windows. Immerse yourself in the true colors of the dessert with a Camel cart procession, which is followed by sundowner cocktails, barbecue and Rajasthani folk performances on the sand dunes. Board the train for dinner and overnight stay. The train proceeds towards the Marwar region - Jodhpur.
Day 05 / Wednesday
Place: Jodhpur, Rajasthan
To let you listen to the tales of antiquity in the emptiness of the dessert, the train enters the fortress city Jodhpur. The guests have the freedom to either stay on get a glimpse of true Rajasthani village life via the Bishoni Village Safari - where you can spot wild life like black bucks, chinkara, blue bulls, desert foxes, and partridges and can also have an opportunity to see the Bishoni families. Peep into their world and see the weavers, potters and block printers at work. If you prefer, you may go for a spa at a five star hotel in Jodhpur.
Post lunch on board, get ready to witness the magnificent forts, palaces and some of the finest architectural wonders of the world in the city of Jodhpur. The excursion starts with a walk through the Old Clock Tower market and proceeds on to the prime attraction in the city - the Mehrangarh Fort. The 5 km long majestic fort on 125 m high hill has some magnificent palaces with marvelously carved panels, latticed windows and evocative names within its complex. Noteworthy of these are the Moti Mahal, the Phool Mahal, the Sheesh Mahal, the Sileh Khana and the Daulat Khana. These palaces have a fabulous collection of palanquins, elephant howdahs, and miniature paintings of various schools, musical instruments, costumes and furniture.
Enjoy the colorful folk dances of Rajasthan at Hanwant Mahal, where a cocktail dinner is organized. Return to the train as the train rolls towards Bikaner - renowned for the best riding camels in the world.
Day 06 / Thursday
Place: Udaipur, Rajasthan
As the sun rises from across the azure lakes, peep outside your window to a vision drenched in romance. Enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the Rajasthan's lake city - Udaipur, popularly referred to as the jewel of Mewar. After breakfast on board, proceed for a sightseeing excursion to Udaipur, a city where fairy-tale palaces and gardens, temples and narrow lanes create a picture perfect atmosphere.
The day begins with the City Palace, a majestic architectural marvel towering over the lake on a hill surrounded by crenellated wall. The Palace is a conglomeration of courtyards, pavilions, terraces, corridors, rooms and hanging gardens. Later, visit the Crystal Art Gallery with a magnificent and rare collection of Osler's crystals. For more than hundred years, the crystals remained underground and the gallery was not open to public, due to its beauty and richness. Everything from the dining table, table, and sofa set to washing bowls, perfume bottles and even beds are adorned with precious crystals. The jewel studded carpet, embodying peerless class is the prime attraction of the gallery.
What follows is a visit to the Durbar Hall at the Fateh Prakash Palace, undoubtedly the most lavish Durbar Hall in India - a place where Indian Kings had their formal and informal meetings. Post a sumptuous lunch at the Durbar Hall; the guests have the liberty to indulge in any of the following activities:
- Return to the train to enjoy a relaxed afternoon.
- Pamper yourself with a rejuvenating spa in a five star hotel.
- Visit the Vintage & Classic Car collection - showcasing the magnificent Rolls-Royce, 1939 Cadillac open convertibles, rare Mercedes models, 1936 Vauxhall and 1937 Opel models.
Later in the afternoon, proceed for a 'Walking Tour' through the Old Market of Udaipur, if you feel like. Return to the Maharajas' Express as it starts rolling towards it next destination - Jodhpur. Dinner and overnight stay on board.
Day 07 / Friday
Place: Balasinor, Gujarat
As you reach Balasinor - a tiny town in Gujarat that is home to the one of the largest dinosaur fossils sites in the world, get ready for an exciting visit to the Dinosaur Fossil Park, one of the largest in the world. Famously known as the Jurassic Park of India, thousands of tourists travel to Balasinor for the see hundreds of fossils of Dinosaurs. At the site in Balasinor, tourists can see the skin, bones and real eggs of dinosaurs. But what makes Balasinor must travel destination is the fact that it is the only place in world where tourists can actually hold a 65 million years ago dinosaur eggs in their hand.
Post this; enjoy a walkthrough the village and a lunch meeting with the Royal Family of the town. Return to the train as the train proceeds to Mumbai, where your trip would conclude.
Day 08 / Saturday
Place: Mumbai (Disembark)
Bid farewell to the train post breakfast on board.
Indian Splendour Prices for the season March 2014 to April 2016
(per person per journey)
|8 Days und 7 Nights||Deluxe Cabins||Junior Suite||Suite||Presidential Suite|
|Adult||USD 5980||USD 9460||USD 13800||USD 23700|
|Single Supplement||USD 4510||USD 8520||USD 13800||USD 23700|
|Child (sharing cabins with parents 5-12 years)||USD 2990||USD 4730||USD 6900||USD 11900|
- Accommodation onboard Maharajs’ Express in double/twin bedded cabins having en-suite bathrooms.
- All meals and beverages (only the house brands of wines, spirits and beer).
- Service of the butler.
- Off-train sightseeing tours with guides.
- Entrance fees to monuments.
- Still camera charges and transportation diuring off-train excursions.
- Complimentary mineral water bottle, tea and coffee onboard.
- Porterage charges.
- Emergency medical treatment onboard.
- For guests who have made their bookings in Deluxe Cabins and Junior Suites, the off-train transportation would be provided to them in Volvo bus/Tempo traveller/Volkswagon crafter with a common English speaking guide.
- For guests who made their bookings for Suites, a Toyota Corolla along with a separate English speaking guide would be provided to them during off-train excursions.
- For guests in the Presidential Suites, Toyota Camry with separate English speaking guide would be provided to them.
- During jungle safari in Ranthambore National Park, jeep/canters will be provided to all the guests of Maharajas’ Express (including Presidential Suite and Suite category guests).
- In Orcha, the guests will be offered a small auto ride from Jahangir Mahal to the Railway Station.
- Maharajas’ Express train tariff doesn’t include taxes, insurance and gratuities.
- It doesn’t include any optional tour as mentined in the itineraries.
- Charges for telephone calls, laundry and alcohol beverages apart from the house brand of wines, spirits and beers.
- Charges for video films and professional still camera fees.
- Any pre and post journey transfers.
- Any international or domestic air ticket prices.
- Pre and post tour accommodation and extension of the tour.
Holidays to Treasure has emerged to be one of the largest Destination Management Company reaching out to over 27,500 discerning travelers from continents across the globe, even while it’s reputation for providing the best in holidays of style remains unequalled. Personalized services, luxurious accommodation at attractive prices and informed guidance are the company’s forte. The extensive experience of over twenty years in the travel business of it’s directors on board, adds to the quality, style and exclusivity of all services which the company offers.