Gems of India - Maharajas' Express
Duration: 3 Nights / 4 Days
Route: Delhi - Agra - Ranthambore - Jaipur - Delhi
Starting from: USD 3850 (Per Person Per Journey)
If you have only a few days to spare, then this is the itinerary for you. In just 3 nights and 4 days, you can rediscover romance at the Taj Mahal, the everlasting symbol of love; try and spot the elusive tiger on an adventure safari at Ranthambhore National Park; and, immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of the Pink City, Jaipur.
- Route Map
As the name suggests, the journey Gems of India takes the guests to destinations that can be referred as jewels in the crown of the nation. The trip both begins and concludes in Delhi. Your first stop is Agra where you will visit the Taj Mahal - a UNESCO World heritage site and the red sand-stoned Agra fort. Next stop, Ranthambore National Park, with its thrilling terrain and exclusive fauna and flora and finally, Jaipur - the city of diverse contrasts where you will explore the rugged Amber Fort, shop for exclusive handicrafts and witness an exciting exhibition Elephant Polo Match.
- Champagne breakfast atop Taj Khema overlooking the astonishing Taj Mahal in Agra.
- A safari through Ranthambore National Park witnessing the rich diversity of fauna and flora.
- An engaging Elephant Polo match and champagne dinner at Jai Mahal Palace Hotel in Jaipur.
Day 01 / Wednesday
Arrival: 20:30 hrs
Place: Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi
Assemble at the railway station at least an hour before the actual departure time to complete check-in and registration formalities. The train leaves Delhi at around 2200 hours and proceeds towards its first destination Agra. Dinner is served on board. The guests have the choice of enjoying their meals at any of these two beautifully crafted restaurants - the Rang Mahal and the Mayur Mahal. Overnight stay on Maharajas' Express.
Day 02 / Thursday
Your train reaches Agra early in the morning after which you will proceed to the world famous Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Built by over 20,000 craftsmen on the order of Emperor Shah Jahan as a tomb for his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal, this white-marbled mausoleum stands as a monument to eternal love. The visit is followed by a Champagne breakfast atop Taj Khema overlooking the Taj Mahal. Post breakfast you can either return to the train or go for any of these alternatives:
- Visit Fatehpur Sikri: The fortified Mughal city that was the capital of the Mughal Empire from 1571 and 1585.
- Visit Itmad-ud-Daula: A Mughal mausoleum often regarded as a draft of the Taj Mahal.
After lunch onboard proceed to the magnificent Agra fort - a massive red sandstone fort on the banks of the Yamuna River. You may also like to try out the following optional activities:
- A rejuvenating spa at a 5 star hotel.
- Private shopping tour for pietra dura marble and fine Mughal Jewellery.
Return to the train to proceed towards Ranthambore National Park, located in Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan. Overnight on the Maharajas' Express.
Day 03 / Friday
Place: Ranthambore National Park, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan
The train reaches the verdant Sawai Madhopur in the wee hours of the third day of your trip. A jungle safari takes you through the thrilling terrain of Ranthambore National Park, a Project Tiger reserve, and home to many animal species apart from the mysterious Tiger. While in the park, feel the imposing presence of a 10th century fort, whose ramparts soar high. Post breakfast at Vivanta by Taj in Sawai Madhopur, return to the train to make your way to Jaipur - the vibrant capital of Rajasthan.
At Jaipur you can enjoy lunch onboard, after which you will visit the rugged and imposing Amber fort. Enjoy a magnificent ride on a caparisoned elephant as you witness a fascinating blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture. If an excursion is not your cup of tea then you may select from any of these optional activities instead:
- Enjoy spa facilities at a palace hotel.
- Enjoy Golfing at the Rambagh Golf Club.
- Visit to City Palace and Jantar Mantar (the stone observatory).
- Shop around the city for some of the finest jewelry, fabrics and handicrafts that Jaipur is famous for.
An exciting Exhibition Elephant Polo Match at Jai Mahal Palace awaits you during the latter half of the day. You may also choose to participate in the exhibition game, which is followed by a Champagne dinner at the hotel. Board the train to continue your journey to Delhi.
Day 04 / Saturday
Place: Delhi (Disembark)
Disembark the train after enjoying your Breakfast on board. Bid farewell to the Maharajas' Express.
Gems of India Prices for the season March 2015 to March 2016
(per person per journey)
|3 Nights / 4 Days||Deluxe Cabins||Junior Suite||Suite||Presidential Suite|
|Adult||USD 3850||USD 4950||USD 7600||USD 12900|
|Single Supplement||USD 2910||USD 4460||USD 7600||USD 12900|
|Child (sharing cabins with parents 5-12 years)||USD 1930||USD 2480||USD 3800||USD 6500|
* Treasures of India and Gems of India are two itineraries for 3N/4D package, the cost for both the itineraries may be reduced by 12% of the published tariff, if guest is availing 2N/3D package and can deboard at Jaipur after off board services at Jaipur.
- Supplement will be charged of USD 500 approximately on special departures like New Year, Christmas etc.
- Accommodation onboard Maharajs’ Express in double/twin bedded cabins having en-suite bathrooms.
- All meals and beverages (only the house brands of wines, spirits and beer).
- Service of the butler.
- Off-train sightseeing tours with guides.
- Entrance fees to monuments.
- Still camera charges and transportation diuring off-train excursions.
- Complimentary mineral water bottle, tea and coffee onboard.
- Porterage charges.
- Emergency medical treatment onboard.
- For guests who have made their bookings in Deluxe Cabins and Junior Suites, the off-train transportation would be provided to them in Volvo bus/Tempo traveller/Volkswagon crafter with a common English speaking guide.
- For guests who made their bookings for Suites, a Toyota Corolla along with a separate English speaking guide would be provided to them during off-train excursions.
- For guests in the Presidential Suites, Toyota Camry with separate English speaking guide would be provided to them.
- During jungle safari in Ranthambore National Park, jeep/canters will be provided to all the guests of Maharajas’ Express (including Presidential Suite and Suite category guests).
- In Orcha, the guests will be offered a small auto ride from Jahangir Mahal to the Railway Station.
- Maharajas, Express train tariff doesn’t include taxes, insurance and gratuities.
- It doesn't include any optional tour as mentined in the itineraries.
- Charges for telephone calls, laundry and alcohol beverages apart from the house brand of wines, spirits and beers.
- Charges for video films and professional still camera fees.
- Any pre and post journey transfers.
- Any international or domestic air ticket prices.
- Pre and post tour accommodation and extension of the tour.
Holidays to Treasure has emerged to be one of the largest Destination Management Company reaching out to over 37,500 discerning travelers from continents across the globe, even while it’s reputation for providing the best in holidays of style remains unequalled. Personalized services, luxurious accommodation at attractive prices and informed guidance are the company’s forte. The extensive experience of over twenty years in the travel business of it’s directors on board, adds to the quality, style and exclusivity of all services which the company offers.