Gems of India - Maharajas' Express
Duration: 3 Nights / 4 Days
Route: Delhi - Agra - Ranthambore - Jaipur - Delhi
Starting from: USD 3850 (Per Person Per Journey)
With this short itinerary you would sure fall in love with the overwhelming Taj Mahal that stands as an everlasting symbol of love. What would follow is an adventure safari to the trails of Ranthambhore National Park in search of the elusive tiger and finally your get to soak yourself in true colours of Rajasthan by visiting Jaipur - the pink city that welcomes you with open arms to witness what the Kings of the bygone era have left.
- Route Map
As the name suggests, the journey Gems of India takes the guests to destinations that can be referred as jewels in the crown of the nation. The trip both begins and concludes in Delhi that is well connected through all means of transportation to places within and outside India. Agra being the first destination astonishes the guests with Taj Mahal - a UNESCO World heriDays site and the red sand-stoned Agra fort. Ranthambore National Park welcomes the visitors to its thrilling terrains to witness its exclusive fauna and flora. Jaipur - the city of diverse contrasts lets the guests explore the rugged Amber Fort, shop for exclusive handicrafts and participate in the exciting Exhibition Elephant Polo Match.
- Champagne breakfast atop Taj Khema overlooking the astonishing Taj Mahal inm Agra.
- A Game drive through Ranthambore National Park witnessing the rich diversity of fauna and flora.
- An engaging Elephant Polo match and champagne dinner at A Jai Mahal Palace in Jaipur.
Day 01 / Wednesday
Arrival: 20:30 hrs
Place: Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi
Assemble at the railway station at least an hour before the actual departure time to complete check-in and registration formalities. The train leaves Delhi at around 2200 hours and proceeds towards its first destination Agra. Dinner is served on board. The guests have the choice of enjoying their meals at any of these two beautifully crafted restaurants - the Rang Mahal and the Mayur Mahal. Overnight stay on Maharajas' Express.
Day 02 / Thursday
As your train reaches Agra early in the morning, proceed to the world famous Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World HeriDays Site. Owing to the passion of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan for his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal and the hard work of over 20,000 craftsmen, this white-marbled mausoleum stands as the seventh wonder of the world. The visit is followed by Champagne breakfast atop Taj Khema overlooking the Taj Mahal. Post breakfast you can either return to the train or go for any of these alternatives:
- Visit Fatehpur Sikri: The fortified Mughal city that was the capital of the Mughal empire from 1571 and 1585.
- Visit Itmad-ud-Daula: A Mughal mausoleum often regarded as a draft of the Taj Mahal.
After lunch onboard proceed to visit the magnificent Agra fort - a massive red sandstone fort on the banks of the Yamuna River. You may also go for the following optional activities:
- A rejuvenating spa at a 5 star hotel.
- Private shopping tour for pietra dura marble and fine Mughal Jewellery.
Return onboard as the train starts proceeding towards Ranthambore National Park, located in sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan. Overnight on the Maharajas' Express.
Day 03 / Friday
Place: Ranthambore National Park, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan
The train reaches the verdant Sawai Madhopur in the wee hours of the third day of your trip. A jungle safari and game drive takes you through the thrilling terrain of Ranthambore National Park, a Project Tiger reserve, and home to many animal species apart from the mysterious Tiger. While in the park, feel the imposing presence of a 10th century fort, whose ramparts soar high. Post breakfast at Vivanta by Taj, Sawai Madhopur, return to the train as it crisscrosses its route towards Jaipur - the ever gleaming capital of Rajasthan.
Reach Jaipur and post lunch onboard, visit the rugged and imposing Amber fort. Enjoy a magnificent ride on canopied elephant as you witness a fascinating blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture. You may select from any of these optional activities:
- Enjoy spa facilities at a palace hotel.
- Enjoy Golfing at the Rambagh Golf Club.
- Visit to City Palace and Jantar Mantar (the stone observatory).
- Shop around the city for some of the finest jewelry, fabrics and handicrafts that Jaipur is famous for.
An exciting Exhibition Elephant Polo Match at A Jai Mahal Palace awaits you during the latter half of the day. You may also choose to participate in the exhibition game, which is followed by a Champagne dinner at the hotel.
Board the train to continue your journey to Delhi.
Day 04 / Saturday
Place: Delhi (Disembark)
Breakfast on board. Bid farewell to the Maharajas' Express.
Departure Dates for the Season 2014-2016
Gems of India Prices for the season March 2014 to March 2016
(per person per journey)
|3 Nights / 4 Days||Deluxe Cabins||Junior Suite||Suite||Presidential Suite|
|Adult||USD 3850||USD 4950||USD 7600||USD 12900|
|Single Supplement||USD 2910||USD 4460||USD 7600||USD 12900|
|Child (sharing cabins with parents 5-12 years)||USD 1930||USD 2480||USD 3800||USD 6500|
* Treasures of India and Gems of India are two itineraries for 3N/4D package, the cost for both the itineraries may be reduced by 12% of the published tariff, if guest is availing 2N/3D package and can deboard at Jaipur after off board services at Jaipur.
- Accommodation onboard Maharajs’ Express in double/twin bedded cabins having en-suite bathrooms.
- All meals and beverages (only the house brands of wines, spirits and beer).
- Service of the butler.
- Off-train sightseeing tours with guides.
- Entrance fees to monuments.
- Still camera charges and transportation diuring off-train excursions.
- Complimentary mineral water bottle, tea and coffee onboard.
- Porterage charges.
- Emergency medical treatment onboard.
- For guests who have made their bookings in Deluxe Cabins and Junior Suites, the off-train transportation would be provided to them in Volvo bus/Tempo traveller/Volkswagon crafter with a common English speaking guide.
- For guests who made their bookings for Suites, a Toyota Corolla along with a separate English speaking guide would be provided to them during off-train excursions.
- For guests in the Presidential Suites, Toyota Camry with separate English speaking guide would be provided to them.
- During jungle safari in Ranthambore National Park, jeep/canters will be provided to all the guests of Maharajas’ Express (including Presidential Suite and Suite category guests).
- In Orcha, the guests will be offered a small auto ride from Jahangir Mahal to the Railway Station.
- Maharajas, Express train tariff doesn’t include taxes, insurance and gratuities.
- It doesn't include any optional tour as mentined in the itineraries.
- Charges for telephone calls, laundry and alcohol beverages apart from the house brand of wines, spirits and beers.
- Charges for video films and professional still camera fees.
- Any pre and post journey transfers.
- Any international or domestic air ticket prices.
- Pre and post tour accommodation and extension of the tour.
Holidays to Treasure has emerged to be one of the largest Destination Management Company reaching out to over 27,500 discerning travelers from continents across the globe, even while it’s reputation for providing the best in holidays of style remains unequalled. Personalized services, luxurious accommodation at attractive prices and informed guidance are the company’s forte. The extensive experience of over twenty years in the travel business of it’s directors on board, adds to the quality, style and exclusivity of all services which the company offers.