As the name suggests, the journey Gems of India takes the guests to destinations that can be referred as jewels in the crown of the nation. The trip both begins and concludes in Delhi that is well connected through all means of transportation to places within and outside India. Agra being the first destination astonishes the guests with Taj Mahal - a UNESCO World heritage site and the red sand-stoned Agra fort. Ranthambore National Park welcomes the visitors to its thrilling terrains to witness its exclusive fauna and flora. Jaipur - the city of diverse contrasts lets the guests explore the rugged Amber Fort, shop for exclusive handicrafts and participate in the exciting Exhibition Elephant Polo Match.
- Champagne breakfast atop Taj Khema overlooking the astonishing Taj Mahal inm Agra
- A Game drive through Ranthambore National Park witnessing the rich diversity of fauna and flora
- An engaging Elephant Polo match and champagne dinner at A Jai Mahal Palace in Jaipur
Arrival: 2030 hours / Place: Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi
Assemble at the railway station at least an hour before the actual departure time to complete check-in and registration formalities. The train leaves Delhi at around 2200 hours and proceeds towards its first destination Agra. Dinner is served on board. The guests have the choice of enjoying their meals at any of these two beautifully crafted restaurants - the Rang Mahal and the Mayur Mahal. Overnight stay on Maharajas' Express.
As your train reaches Agra early in the morning, proceed to the world famous Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Owing to the passion of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan for his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal and the hard work of over 20,000 craftsmen, this white-marbled mausoleum stands as the seventh wonder of the world. The visit is followed by Champagne breakfast atop Taj Khema overlooking the Taj Mahal. Post breakfast you can either return to the train or go for any of these alternatives:
- Visit Fatehpur Sikri - the fortified Mughal city that was the capital of the Mughal empire from 1571 and 1585.
- Visit Itmad-ud-Daula - a Mughal mausoleum often regarded as a draft of the Taj Mahal
After lunch onboard proceed to visit the magnificent Agra fort - a massive red sandstone fort on the banks of the Yamuna River. You may also go for the following optional activities:
- A rejuvenating spa at a 5 star hotel
- Private shopping tour for pietra dura marble and fine Mughal Jewellery.
Return onboard as the train starts proceeding towards Ranthambore National Park, located in sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan. Overnight on the Maharajas' Express
Place: Ranthambore National Park, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan
The train reaches the verdant Sawai Madhopur in the wee hours of the third day of your trip. A jungle safari and game drive takes you through the thrilling terrain of Ranthambore National Park, a Project Tiger reserve, and home to many animal species apart from the mysterious Tiger. While in the park, feel the imposing presence of a 10th century fort, whose ramparts soar high. Post breakfast at Vivanta by Taj, Sawai Madhopur, return to the train as it crisscrosses its route towards Jaipur - the ever gleaming capital of Rajasthan.
Reach Jaipur and post lunch onboard, visit the rugged and imposing Amber fort. Enjoy a magnificent ride on canopied elephant as you witness a fascinating blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture. You may select from any of these optional activities:
- Enjoy spa facilities at a palace hotel
- Enjoy Golfing at the Rambagh Golf Club
- Visit to City Palace and Jantar Mantar (the stone observatory).
- Shop around the city for some of the finest jewelry, fabrics and handicrafts that Jaipur is famous for.
An exciting Exhibition Elephant Polo Match at A Jai Mahal Palace awaits you during the latter half of the day. You may also choose to participate in the exhibition game, which is followed by a Champagne dinner at the hotel.
Board the train to continue your journey to Delhi.
Place: Delhi (Disembark)
Breakfast on board. Bid farewell to the Maharajas' Express.